Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Yeah For Me


I am completely out of my comfort zone here and if the change hadn't been so great I would never have even thought to post pictures of myself. The many comments of me looking great gave me the extra boost. Thank you! Just so you know, I would never leave the house with this shirt on. I have had a lot of people ask how I was able to lose 23 pounds and 33 inches in 40 days (yep, you read right) so here's the {skinny}.
I used a hormone called hCg. I don't know what it stands for but it is a hormone that we naturally have and becomes very elevated when we are pregnant. It causes our bodies to use our reserved fat cells to feed the growing fetus. When it is used while not pregnant (very small dosage) and while eating a very low calorie diet, the body is able to burn the abnormal fat to get it's vital nutrients. It is completely safe (I wouldn't even think about it if it wasn't) and though it seems like a short time to lose so much fat, it is normal because of the six weeks of maintenance that follows the weight loss. Now here's the kicker and what sold me: it resets the hypothalamus (internal thermometer) so that this is the body's new maximum weight as well as increasing your metabolism. How cool is that?
What I didn't like at all:
*not being able to use my essential oils and good shampoo
*having a few days of being really tired and a little weak
What I didn't like but that was really good for me:
*not being able to cheat (I gained 1/2 a pound after licking brownie mix off a teaspoon)
-I learned to be aware of everything that goes in my mouth
*not being able to eat out anywhere
-we became creative with our date nights and saved a lot of money
-I learned that I don't have to be a social eater
*planning ahead of time
*reading labels
*eating fish and shrimp
-I like it now and have a few new recipes to use all the time

What I liked about it:
*see and feel a huge difference in just a few days
*everyone is guaranteed an average of 1/2 a pound a day (men lose more)
*half of my gross cellulite is gone
*only eats away abnormal fat unlike most dieting
*no hanging skin
*recommended that you do NOT exercise
*I will NEVER go back to the weight I was when I gave birth to my 4th child!!!
*going down 2 pant sizes (3 if you count that the original size was practically painted on)
*not having cravings or feeling hungry
I continue to not crave food and can not eat even 1/4 of what I could before.
I still have some weight to lose to be where I feel good about my body so I will do another round after we come back from our cruise in July. Since I only have 15 pounds to go I will only need to do 23 days instead of 40. It is crazy to think that I will FINALLY reach my goal weight in five months after 10+ years of trying to get there.
Funny story: I was having an emotional day in the beginning and was really feeling like I couldn't do another day. We were eating dinner-me fish, my family lasagna (I only made that mistake once) and I was talking to Matt while the boys had their own conversation. I told him that I felt like I was in mourning. My best friend, food, had died and I was really sad about it. He then said, "I'm proud of you for killing your friend." The boys heads whipped around so fast I'm surprised they didn't get whiplash! He then had to explain. At that time I was afraid that my friend may one day be resurrected but now I know she is dead and GONE!
One more thing. My sister has started a business that supplies the hCg in homeopathic drops. Much less invasive than my way and there is a ton of support as well as recipe books and such. Her website is http://www.keepitoffhcg.com/ Make sure you tell her I sent you ;)

12 comments:

Rachel Hanchett said...

WOW WOW WOW! You look great, I am so happy for you! I will have to ask you more about it after this baby gets here!

Unknown said...

DROPS?!?!?! What? I didn't know you could do drops. How much is that? And does it work as well? What if I just wanted the recipe book?

Lulu said...

I am so proud of you. You look sensational.

Becky said...

you do look amazing. Drops??!! That's not as scary. We need to talk. Which sister is it?

Heather said...

hey you forgot you can't wear makeup. lucky for you, you look great and don't need a lick of it. You look amazing. I love before and after pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you! That is awesome. You look amazing!

gena said...

Awesomely asmazing!!! You look incredible and that is quite the dedication! I don't think I could do that for 40 days. I am interested in the drops. I think I could do 23 days for 15 pounds...

uniquelynat said...

that's amazing! you look awesome!

you have an award at my blog- come and get it!

uniquelynat said...

ok and really i want info on this. i need so many details it's not funny. i have to see if it something i can or really would like to do. (plus my husband said to find out more) you have my email. let me know! you really do look great!

Heather Weir said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky said...

You look AWESOME! I am so glad that you feel like the person you once were. You are too cute!

the hill's house said...

You look fabulous, congrats! Send some of those my way!