Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love Day

My mom was always great at making holidays extra special. Each Valentine's Day she would make heart shaped biscuits with pink gravy. There was always extra goodies and valentine place mats with our names on them. It was a tradition I said I would carry on. It never happened because I didn't ever drag myself out of bed as early as she did. This year, however, I surprised the boys Friday morning with a Love Breakfast. We ate bagels with strawberry cream cheese, yogurt with sliced strawberries, and chocolate. They were thrilled and it only took five minutes to make.

I think by this point Braydon's was empty, Jason's was gone before we made it back home from taking David to school, and David shared his with me the next day.
My big plans for David's class didn't work out. I was double booked, again. I was irritated about that one for a few days.

What a surprise...they played BINGO. Grrr!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

Such a great idea! I will have to add it to my 'list of things I want to remember to do on Vday'

Jodi said...

I can't believe you were double booked two weeks in a row - I would be having some not so nice words with the teacher- you put way too much time and thought into that day to have to watch them sit at their desks and play bingo - AGAIN! Sorry. Way to go on the breakfast! It is hit and miss for holidays around here.