Tuesday, February 10, 2009

V-A-L-E-N-T-I-N-E

I finally have a plan for David's class party this week thanks to some clever friends as well as http://www.sugardoodle.net/ and http://www.familyfun.com/. We will start by playing the Valentine Match game. I will give each kid the name of an animal and they will have to find their match by making the sound of their animal. (It was quite comical when we played with my family for FHE). Once they have their Valentine we will make five groups of six then rotate to play these games:
Pin the Heart on Cupid's arrow
Gigglebelly one person gets down on the floor and the next person puts his head on their belly and so on. The first person says Ha and the next Ha Ha and the third Ha Ha Ha, etc.
Throw the Smile Sit in a circle and one person wipes the smile off their face. They then throw it to someone else, who catches it and puts it on their face. They then have to compose them self before throwing it to the next person. Last one to crack a smile wins.
Heart Relay try to get from point A to B using two stepping hearts. Set one down, step on it, remove the one from behind, place in front, step on it...
Cupid, Cupid, Run duck duck goose Valentine style
Valentine craft I was asked to do art mastery last week but two moms showed up so I saved mine for this week.
Chopsticks Race race to see who can pick up the most candy hearts using chopsticks
I'm hoping I can get someone to just take pictures the whole time. Should be fun!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am sorry you have to even do that. I am sooo not a Valentine Day fan. I am one of the believers it doesn't belong in school. That is just me though and I go along with it ever year for my kids. I love making it a family day. Great ideas for games I think they will be a huge success.

Jake and Jenny said...

That sounds like one fun class party! I love sugardoodle, they have so many great ideas!

laurie said...

wow, I think you have gone above and beyond, they will love it!