Friday, April 17, 2009

BUMMER!


On Monday night Matt headed out to take David to his baseball game, coming back in twice to grab forgotten items. I thought they were gone when he came back in again and called my name. It was the tone of his voice that drew my attention. It was angry or sad but a little shaky and repentant, maybe. He grabbed the truck keys and said, "I hit the truck." I was very confused as I looked out the front door to where the truck is usually parked. No truck. Then I hear the commotion coming from the driveway. I was a little shocked to see that the back window of the van was shattered all over and a huge dent was in the side of the truck. Bummer! It was interesting to see the different personalities of my boys as each was handling the situation differently. David was near tears, probably more afraid of my reaction than anything, but also he was in the back closest to the window. Jason was talking nonstop, trying to give me a play by play of what happened. And Braydon was trying to pick up all of the broken glass. Matt very calmly moved car seats to the truck and off they went. I'm very grateful that no one was hurt and that I wasn't in the car. I'm sure I would have freaked out which would have made my boys a mess and I still have a tendency to relive that kind of stuff for a few days after. But even more so I'm so glad it was Matt and not me driving. I will be giving him a hard time for quite some time =)
After driving very little on Tuesday and only carpool Wednesday, I convinced the insurance company that I couldn't wait until Monday for a rental. I am now driving this little car around (only black). The boys think it is the coolest ever and have been changing seats every time we get back in. As for me- I miss my van.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

I was very impressed by your husbands response when I asked him that night if he was upset about it- He just said it wasn't anything to get upset over. Just a car. I love that you took the time to notice your boys reactions. You are a great mom you know.