
The first house we went to had a really long drive and it was very dark but David jumped right out and grabbed a plate. He made it back to the car without being seen. The next house was Jason's and he insisted that he was going by himself but at the last minute he allowed David to come along. I couldn't resist sneaking out of the car to watch. I was not disappointed. They knocked on the door and David took off one way and Jason the other. Nothing happened. So they knocked again and again they each took off in opposite directions but Jason changed his mind and circled back the way David went. It was comical to watch him as if he were playing football; running out, turning around to see the ball, and circling back to make the catch yet without any of the plan played out in advance so it was a little shaky. The family came out looking for the culprits and I thought for sure they would be caught but they stayed still and quiet until the family went back inside, which was a long time. So much fun. The next house Braydon let me help him with. Again a long walk in the dark and then only a short time to hide before they opened the door. So I grabbed him and ran. The porch light came on before I made it to a dark place but they didn't see us. They went back inside and turned off the light so we headed back to the van. We only took a few steps when the light came back on and the entire family came out of the house. We ran for cover, again. Come on people this is hard enough without you coming out to find us! We were almost found several times but Braydon was silent the entire time.
The next morning I was playing primary music before breakfast and "Give," Said the Little Stream came on and Jason said, "hey, that is what we did!" And began singing "give, oh!, give, give, oh! give." Actions do speak louder that words.
5 comments:
That is so fun, I am glad they had fun doing that. I am impressed that they even made the connection to a primary song.
What a great activity. Amazing that they were able to pull it off. This is a rough neighborhood for that kind of sneakiness!
Love Jason! They must be taught well to make that connection:)
Oh I could actually feel your anticipation! Hy husband seems to think it is comical to stand on the porch with a flashlight. Ugh, do they not realize the stress that causes a mother hiding in the bushes nearby??
That is so fun! My family had a blast doing it too. Tanner was so funny in the car and kept telling Kimball "you have to run so fast". It is a cute tradition.
Post a Comment