Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Beat
Saturday was a very busy day. I sent Matt off to both soccer games (we finally had them right after each other, figures) and I went to our enrichment activity. Thanks to many helpers I was able to get 38 cans added to my food storage. It wasn't all that easy and I was covered in powdered milk and flour by the end. I missed the bread making class but since yeast and I don't get along I figured one more class on how to do it really wasn't going to help. I did get to taste the yummy bean dip and navy bean soup. Both were easy enough to implement into my daily cooking.
Once boys were down for a nap I headed outside to help Matt get started on reseeding the lawn. He ran to Home Depot while I started mowing the very dry, dead grass. What a mess! The wind was blowing and I was covered in yuck after the first pass. I managed to get all of the grass mowed before he got back. Who got the raw end of that deal? I'm sure the neighbors get such a kick out of watching me do yard work cuz I tend to mow like I vacuum and hop up and down inside my dumpster to smash the weeds. I couldn't help much with the aerator so I kept going with the lawn mower and managed to get all of the dead weeds on the side of the house. It probably wasn't very good for the lawnmower to go over all of those dirt piles but I refuse to let Matt know that I know how to work a weed eater. Since I was at it I figured I might as well work on the tumble weeds that have been a pain in my side for the entire summer. I finally filled the dumpster (packed down three times) with tumble weeds for the very last time!! Next year I am investing in a lot of roundup! All in all I filled 6 black trash bags and a dumpster full of weeds and grass all by myself. Not bad for a girl! The next step was to seed. Easy enough. By the time Matt started spreading fertilizer (in the dark) my body was screaming at me to stop. I tried to lift the bags but no such luck. I went inside to pour cereal for the boys' dinner instead and barely made it to the shower. I was beat. Plain and simple. But when I took off my shirt and saw this I burst out laughing. Double proof...I worked HARD and my boobs really DO stick out further than my belly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so laughing out loud for real right now. Nice.
You are a trooper. I suck at yard work endurance. That shirt is hilarious.
Love the shirt!
Post a Comment