Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I hate dogs!!
As I was leaving the house yesterday I found the neighbor's dogs in my back yard heading toward the chickens. It is bad enough that they poop in my front yard, pee on my front door, and chew on my drip lines. All of which makes me very angry but in my backyard is NOT going to fly with me. So I marched over to their house and found the daughter on the porch smoking (while her little girl sat in her lap, nice). I told her that her dogs were in my backyard. She looked at me and asked, "Do you know how they got in there?"
"Yes, there is a small gap between the poles of the gate."
My mouth dropped open as she said, "Maybe you should put some chicken wire there."
So, what you are saying is that it is my job to keep your dogs out of my yard instead of your job to keep them in your yard? You have got to be kidding me!! I said this all to myself, of course but I have been fuming ever since. You would think that having a three year old daughter would make her grow up just a tad.
I also found out that their new puppy (as if 5 dogs wasn't enough) is a pit bull! What are they thinking??
"Yes, there is a small gap between the poles of the gate."
My mouth dropped open as she said, "Maybe you should put some chicken wire there."
So, what you are saying is that it is my job to keep your dogs out of my yard instead of your job to keep them in your yard? You have got to be kidding me!! I said this all to myself, of course but I have been fuming ever since. You would think that having a three year old daughter would make her grow up just a tad.
I also found out that their new puppy (as if 5 dogs wasn't enough) is a pit bull! What are they thinking??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I have the same advice I gave Gena... electric fence. Just put it where the dog is getting in and I promise it will not go near it again. How annoying though.
Grrr, how rude! Call animal control next time they are loose. It's a pain to get them back! I speak from experience.
Animal control is my vote too. Why spend extra money on fencing when animal control will come out and pick up the problem free of charge?
I've been there many times. I think I've tried everything but the electric fence-even animal control when it wasn't the neighbor dog. Good luck!
Oh that would make me so mad. I would scoop up the dog poop and throw it over their fence! It's their's not yours. We have a neighbor down the street who walks his dog around 10 every night and lets it poop in everyone else's yard but his own. Well I went walking late and when I was on my way back home, I saw him let his dog take a huge dump in our front yard! I went inside and told Dustin, and to my surprise, Dustin jumped up, walked to that guys house and told him he could either come clean it up, or Dustin would deliver it to his front door...I was in shock, but I tell ya, he hasn't let his dog poop in our yard anymore...ha ha!
I think a paint ball gun would work as well! Maybe you could aim for the porch seat! Hehe, just kidding. I think Chad almost killed our neighbors cat with one though, so don't aim for the head!
PS, Way to go Dustin!
Post a Comment