The mighty hunter.
I drenched it with lavender, peppermint, and chamomile oil then asked Matt to give him a blessing. We kept him up as long as possible but without having a nap that day he didn't last very long sitting still in my lap. By morning it was about half the size but only a little purple.
Regretfully there was also some childish fighting by the adults as well. I really did try to walk away when I felt myself getting out of control but unfortunately I lost my temper and allowed my children to see and hear me yelling with Matt's mom and sister. Matt came home to the boys and I taking a time out in the truck. Once again he had to be in the middle of my mess and I am sincerely sorry for that. I am so blessed to have a husband who sticks beside me no matter what and has the ability to calm me down. The rest of our stay was rather sour on my part but the boys didn't skip a beat. Luckily the weather became more bearable and they were able to get out to explore. Matt continued to go out with all the guys although it wasn't as exciting without carrying around his gun.
Jason
Braydon
David in '04
Banana cream pie leftovers with lots of whipped cream. Yum! Grandma Allen loves to be in the kitchen and there is always plenty of good stuff to eat.
On the way home we carried out the tradition of cutting down our Christmas tree. We started out in Heber but ended up going past Woods Canyon Lake. To the boy's delight we found some snow to play in. Matt was the only one who ended up looking for a tree, which ended up not being all that easy. They all looked good from the truck but once we got closer they were missing the back side or much bigger than the 10 foot maximum. It was almost dark when Matt found one. Instead of having the boys help cut it down, he told me to drive up the road and honk if I saw someone coming. The tree looks great so don't ask, don't tell.
Braydon is the hardest kid to take pictures of. He looks away from the camera and always pulls a face right before I click.
Braydon was having a hard time making snow balls with gloves so Jason would make them and give 'em to Braydon.
The boys were completely excited to get out the decorations. They were almost too excited for me and I found myself needing a breather. Once I reminded myself that anything that might get broken was just a "thing" and it didn't really matter, I did better. They tied their reindeer (puppies) to the sleigh (basket) and Santa (Braydon) flew (they pushed him so fast it was close enough) around the room. David tied a bell around his neck to be the lead reindeer but not Rudolph.
3 comments:
Love the bump on the head! Been there too many times. Boys will be boys. I try to turn my head and say a prayer that they will live through it :)
ew ew ew ew ew. I totally skipped most of this post.
Ok I think I am officially caught up on your blog. Wheeeeew. I am glad I heard your fighting story before I read it, you telling it is much better all full of emotion. Loved it.
Post a Comment