When we asked Grandma Allen what she wanted for Christmas, she said to use the money to help someone else. We dressed the boys up and delivered all of the fixings for Thanksgiving dinner to a family in our neighborhood. David insisted on carrying the turkey the whole way, which was far since it was the middle of the day and we didn't want them to recognize our trailer. We enjoyed this so much we will be making it a tradition.
Luckily this project was mostly done in Thanksgiving as well. I thought it would be fun to alter these clipboards and invite my friends and family to join in. I ended up making 40 kits! It really was a lot of fun to have friends over and to chat with my sisters.
This is the material I used to make an apron for Matt's sister, Jeni. It was a complete nightmare since my sewing machine picked the wrong day to act up. My very gracious friend, Amy, loaned me her machine. It didn't like sewing through four layers of this very thick material either. Luckily I had meticulously ironed it and so sewing it upside down wasn't as bad as I thought. It was all worth it when she opened it and said she loves aprons. Whoo-hoo.
4 comments:
You are ULTRA talented Shelli! I am lucky to have you as a sister....I get to reap the rewards!
Wow you are ambitious...and creative! Looks like tons of fun. Sorry we missed you with the donuts. Bo was very disappointed. Maybe we will get you an "after-Christmas" Box!
Wow, you ARE ambitious! And so creative. I have a blog worthy thought that has been stirring in my mind for a few weeks and you and your 'doings' are just the reasoning behind that thought! I LOVE the nativity Lainy brought home. And I hope you don't mind I hung my 'JOY' on my tree and it looks stinkin' cute!!
Tanner was thrilled with his nativity puppet set and it is the cutest thing!
Post a Comment