Saturday, January 24, 2009

Birthweek

Too much of a good thing is fabulous!
I love when birthdays get stretched out longer than the actual day. This has been a great week of celebrating. Here is the rundown:

Monday night we had dinner and homemade ice cream with the Allen's. Matt's mom shares her birthday with me as well as her party. It feels a little awkward since we only celebrate her birthday and I get in on the deal. She is very gracious about it.

Tuesday morning I had to stay in bed while Matt made breakfast and served it to me. That was a surprise. The boys brought me a package (Deseret Book sack wrapped tightly around what had to be a book) and as they handed it to me Braydon said, "It's a book." All right! My mom and sisters took me to lunch where I was honored with the traditional "YIKES 30" shirt complete with a tiara and matching earrings. So fun. All but Sara were able to make it; missed her there. Thanks girls for going overboard to make it so special and thanks to Julia for watching the boys. Matt was going to make dinner that night but was too tired so we went to the Cheesecake Factory instead. Thanks Amy for insisting the boys stay with you. Ha Ha

Wednesday night Julia took me to the beauty college for pedicures (her sister graduated two days later). Much more pleasant than the first/last time. I gave the lady the freedom to design something Valentineish...let's just say I learned my lesson. It is always so much fun to be with Julia. Thank you! I came home to sleeping kids and dinner on the stove. What a man! We topped it off with the Lava Cake that Leigh brought me. YUM! I think it was a little late for so much sugar cuz I tossed and turned till 2AM. Worth it? Yes. Thanks, Leigh!

Thursday night my sister Sheri had my family over for dinner. It was fun to remember when her three boys were young and to compare them to my own. Micah brought out the Legos (a HUGE bucket full) and played with the boys the whole time. They are still talking about it. We need to do this more often. Thanks Sheri & fam!

Friday night my friend's sacrificed date night to take me to Olive Garden. It was fun to have lots of girl talk and eat and eat and eat. Thanks Julia, Laurie, Robyn, Jenny, Becky, & Cyndi!

I truly am blessed to have so many people that love me! This was a birthday to remember.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

Glad you had a fun week! It was fun to be a part of it!

laurie said...

See, being thirty isn't so bad! It was a TOTALLY fun night and I'm so glad I got to go.

Unknown said...

What an awesome birthday!!

Heather said...

I am so glad you had a good week. I felt bad missing dinner Friday. My family came to town and I had dinner plans with them. I thought about you girls. Next time I am soooo there.