Thursday, January 8, 2009
Three Down
They say that bad things happen in threes. I hope that for my sake that means the bad news is going to stop now. Yesterday the birth mother decided to keep her baby so Jared & Nikki won't be bringing home a new little baby brother. Hurts my heart. When Mom called to tell me, she also informed me that someone broke Dustin's truck window and stole Sara's diaper bag and all of the money she made babysitting five extra kids this week. They really need that money. Hurts my heart. The kicker came this morning when I got a very emotional message from Sheri telling me that Nana had a bad stroke and it doesn't look like she is going to make it very long. Seeing her lying in her bed non responsive to her kids already mourning her loss was so hard. Mom will soon say goodbye to her mom and it hurts my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am so sorry. What a tough day. Try to remember that whole "hard blessing" thing. "The sun'll come out...Tomorrow..."
Oh goodness. A sad heart is never fun. I am not good with advice for emotional things, so just know I am thinking of you and I am here if you need anything.
Hi Shelly. This is Matt's cousin Katrina (Allen) Devereaux. I am sorry to hear about your hard day! My prayers are with your family. I was wondering around looking at blogs and found yours. I am sure glad you have one, we don't see eachother nearly enough and so it is a good way to keep in touch.
Take care!
I'm so sorry... Brent and I had the same thing happen to us. The first time the birth mom changed her mind after the baby was born and we were getting ready to head to the hospital to see "our daughter". The second time the birth mother changed her mind and adopted the baby to a couple in Texas because Texas has laws where you can pay the birth mother for the child. You can't in Arizona. She said we would probably be better parents, but she wanted the money.
Thankfully, Heavenly Father has his hand in this and we ended up with Bailey and Matthew who were definately supposed to be a part of our family.
I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers. I'm here if you need me.
I am sorry for all the bad news. Let me know if I can help in any way.
I think I'll just call ya!!
That is a rough day. I hope you had a better day today and tomorrow and after that...I'll be thinking of you!
Shelli, we love you. Are an amazing person, and your heart is absolutely HUGE!
Post a Comment