Saturday, January 10, 2009

Jeanne Marie Wahr Rayburn

Jeanne Marie Wahr Rayburn quietly crossed the veil Friday morning. My heart is sad when I think that my Nana is no longer with us here on earth. She was the last of the grand & great grandparents on the Price side. Because she lived with Mom & Dad we've seen her often and have given many hugs and kisses in the last year or so that she has been close. I am very grateful for that yet it will make her passing more significant. My heart is so happy when I think that she has returned to her loving husband. More than part of her died along with Papa and she has been waiting for this day for five years. She is no longer suffering from psoriasis or weak and uneven hips. We know that she will return to the "prime of her life." I wonder what age that is for her? She will always have silver hair in my mind (which is much better than her blue or pink tinted hair). She worked hard as a beautician; she raised four kids while working; she sent birthday cards with $2 in it every year until I graduated high school; she kept a spotless house and still loved when all seven of us mess makers showed up to visit; she loved to applique, sew, and crochet & I was fortunate to receive many handmade gifts. I was given her middle name and proudly passed it on to my little girl. I am so grateful to know that we are not separated forever, but just for this earthly life. She is and always will be my Nana and I will miss her.


Nana & Mom last Christmas


Nana & her sister Doris, my Aunt Dottie


1st time meeting David 2 months old


She always had her leg crossed (David)


She didn't let age keep her from getting down on the floor with me


She lived in her RV behind Aunt B.B.'s after Papa died (David Grami me & Jason)


She really hated taking pictures and getting looks like this was common


Four generations picture when Braydon was little


Missy Dog


Papa & David


Last picture I have of Papa with David before he died


Little David & cousin Amy


My wedding 1998


Posing with Aunt B.B. at their 50th Anniversary party

6 comments:

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, but alittle giddy thinking she is back with her husband. Thanks for sharing pictures, she seemed like an amazing Nana.

Valeen said...

I am so sorry. I lost my Grandma about a month ago, and completely understand the mixed emotions... so happy for her, so sad for us.

Lulu said...

A little teary eyed, but once I started through the pictures and saw how much happiness she brought and recieved, I thought to my self that she isn't sad anymore, and how blessed we are to have that knowledge.

Jake and Jenny said...

What a wonderful Grandma! It is fun to see the pictures, thanks for sharing!

uniquelynat said...

i am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. it is so comforting the knowledge we have of eternal families & to know that she is happy and with her sweetheart again!

i came across your blog while blog hopping. i found you through amy null. she is my husband's cousin. it was good to see you a couple months ago at the time out for couples. i am excited to keep up to date with you now that i know you have a blog.
~natalie carpenter

The Price Family said...

Sweet post! We will miss her as well, my boys really got attached. I am thankful she moved closer for these last few years.