Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year New Class

Today is the first Sunday of the new year. Braydon is now a part of my new Sunbeam class which means I no longer have any kids in Nursery. My very mature 4 year old, Jason, moved up to CTR 5, meaning that he will turn five this year- in three short months to be exact. David is now in Senior Primary and in the CTR 8 class. Yep, he will turn eight and get baptized in October. I'm really not sure how all of this happened, nor have I decided if this is OK with me.

"I am a Sunbeam" Bo, Kami, Saydee, Rachel, Braydon

Old Sunbeam, New CTR 5 class Anna, Robert, Tessa, Jason, Lainy

This is a little old but these are the kids that David has grown up with. A few have joined in the last couple years but most have been with him since Sunbeams. Denton, Dallin, Devon, Jake, David, William, Dana, Alexis, Nicole, Madison

Remembering....

I'm certain it was just yesterday that David finally hit the 18 month mark so I could officially take him to Nursery. He practically jumped out of my arms and didn't look back.
Jason too was super excited to have toys to play with instead of just roaming the halls of church. He wasn't too sure of me leaving but after a couple weeks it was no big deal.
Braydon was fine going into Nursery as well. My kids have always been good about getting away from mom any which way possible. Letting go of brothers, however, not so much. Last year Braydon cried and cried because his buddy Jason happily skipped off to Sunbeams without him. It was a downward spiral from that day on for many months. I couldn't leave him with family or friends, at the gym or Nursery without him screaming. Talk about traumatic. I really thought today would be a piece of cake but Braydon wouldn't let me get off that easy. He refused to sit down with us, kept saying he didn't want to be in my class but in Lainy's class (who only wanted to come back to my class) and wanted to go out in the hall even if it meant getting a spankin'.

4 comments:

Jake and Jenny said...

New sunbeans are the best! Tanner will miss you as his teacher.

laurie said...

It does slip by rather quickly doesn't it? I'm so excited to have you as Bo's teacher. Will it offend you if I correct you on the DALLIN thing? It's Dalin...lol.

Heather said...

I am so glad you took pictures. I want to make a primary picture video so save me a copy.

Hey I only have 1 kids left in primary (val 11). When I first got called to primary he was in my belly. It goes by way to fast, enjoy it while it lasts.

Jodi said...

5 and 8 REALLY??? How old does that make my kids then...oh yeah, 14 AND 12!!!! I can't believe how fast it goes.